Castle is one of the game's buildings. It has two features:
- Technology (unlocks at Kingdom Level 21, with upgrades at levels 31 and 41)
- Castle Defense (unlocks at Kingdom Level 35).
Here you can upgrade your technology, increasing basic parameters of both towers and heroes: Physical Damage, Skill Damage, Life and Armor. The effects do not show up in the Engineering Quarter, but are visible on the battlefield after building a tower (observe the difference in stats shown when building a tower and selecting it after it's been built).
There are three levels of Technology: Basic, Moderate and High.
- Quick tips
- Their Gold/BP Ratio is 45-50, so you'll be better off, most of the time and until later in the game (Kingdom Level 35-40, at least), by buying upgrades for your Towers and Magic Skills, and burning excess gold in augments and the Jewel Crafter
- Physical Damage, Armor, Life and Skill Damage scales with Heroes and Barracks units basic stats.
- Moderate and High Techs require Honor Stars. Keep that in mind if you're stockpiling them to unlock Heroes. See Honor Star strategy section for details.
- See "Strategy" section below for much more details.
- Physical Damage: For heroes and barracks' soldiers, it increases DPS by the listed amount. For all other towers (including mage), it increases DPS, making it particularly effective for cannons.
- Armor: It has been speculated that for every 100 armor, damage taken by heroes and barrack soldiers is reduced by 1%.
- Life: Adds the listed amount to hero and barrack soldier life.
- Magic Damage: Affects hero and tower skill damage (not magic damage).
Note: These bonuses do not increase when upgrading towers, and thus are most effective during the early stages of a map (with the exception of armor).
Unlocks at kingdom level 21. All Basic Upgrades have a 50 gold/BP ratio. Its main advantage is that it only requires gold, and not Honor Stars. But counter-intuitively, it's not the cheapest nor the most efficient tech. You may want to wait for the Moderate one. See "Strategy" section below.
|Level||Basic Physical Damage||Basic Armor||Basic Life||Basic Magic Damage|
|Each level||ATK +5||Armor +10||
Hero Life +50
Soldier Life +5
|Skill Damage +10|
|1~10||Upgrade cost: 1000 Gold, Battle Power +20 CD 300 seconds|
|11~20||Upgrade cost: 1250 Gold, Battle Power +25, CD 375 seconds|
|21~30||Upgrade cost: 1500 Gold, Battle Power +30, CD 450 seconds|
|31~40||Upgrade cost: 2000 Gold, Battle Power +40, CD 600 seconds|
|41~50||Upgrade cost: 3000 Gold, Battle Power +60, CD 900 seconds|
|Upgrade cost: 4000 Gold, Battle Power +80, CD 1200 seconds|
|Upgrade cost: 5000 Gold, Battle Power +100, CD 1200 seconds|
|71~80||Upgrade cost: 6000 Gold, Battle Power +150, CD 1200 seconds|
|81~90||Upgrade cost: 7000 Gold, Battle Power +150, CD 1200 seconds|
|91~100||Upgrade cost: 8000 Gold, Battle Power +150, CD 1200 seconds|
|101~110||Upgrade cost: 9000 Gold, Battle Power +150, CD 1200 seconds|
|111~120||Upgrade cost: 10000 Gold, Battle Power +150, CD 1200 seconds|
Unlock at Kingdom level 31. Curiously the most efficient, both for stats increments and in Gold/BP ratio (~45). The only downside is that it requires Honor Stars, so you should probably unlock all your Heroes first (see Honor Star for details and strategy). The Moderate levels 1-20 should be the first ones you buy, see "Strategy" section below for details.
|Level||Moderate Physical Damage||Moderate Armor||Moderate Life||Moderate Magic Damage|
|Each level||ATK +10||Armor +15||
Hero Life +100
Soldier Life +10
|Skill Damage +20|
|1~10||Upgrade cost: 1500 Gold 150 Honor, Battle Power +33/34, CD 450 seconds|
|11~20||Upgrade cost: 1875 Gold 200 Honor, Battle Power +42/43, CD 565 seconds|
|21~30||Upgrade cost: 2250 Gold 250 Honor, Battle Power +51/52, CD 675 seconds|
|31~40||Upgrade cost: 3000 Gold 350 Honor, Battle Power +68/69, CD 900 seconds|
|41~50||Upgrade cost: 4500 Gold 450 Honor, Battle Power +101/102, CD 1350 seconds|
|Upgrade cost: 6000 Gold 650 Honor, Battle Power +136/137, CD 1800 seconds|
|Upgrade cost: 7500 Gold 800 Honor, Battle Power +136/137, CD 1800 seconds|
|71~80||Upgrade cost: 8000 Gold 1000 Honor, Battle Power +200, CD 1800 seconds|
|81~90||Upgrade cost: 9500 Gold 1500 Honor, Battle Power +200, CD 2400 seconds|
|91~100||Upgrade cost: 11000 Gold 2000 Honor, Battle Power +200, CD 2400 seconds|
|101~110||Upgrade cost: 11000 Gold 3000 Honor, Battle Power +200, CD 2400 seconds|
Unlock at Kingdom level 41. It joins the downsides of "Basic" and "Moderate" technologies, being not the most efficient and also costing Honor Stars. Plus it requires the largest payments to be done in bulk. See "strategy" below for the best use of these upgrades.
|Level||High Physical Damage||High Armor||High Life||High Magic Damage|
|Each level||ATK +15||Armor +20||
Hero Life +150
Soldier Life +15
|Skill Damage +30|
|1~10||Upgrade cost: 3000 Gold 300 Honor, Battle Power +67/68, CD 600 seconds|
|11~20||Upgrade cost: 3750 Gold 400 Honor, Battle Power +85, CD 750 seconds|
|21~30||Upgrade cost: 4500 Gold 500 Honor, Battle Power +102/103, CD 900 seconds|
|31~40||Upgrade cost: 6000 Gold 700 Honor, Battle Power +137/138, CD 1200 seconds|
|41~50||Upgrade cost: 9000 Gold 900 Honor, Battle Power +202/203, CD 1800 seconds|
|Upgrade cost: 12000 Gold 1300 Honor, Battle Power +272/273, CD 2400 seconds|
|Upgrade cost: 15000 Gold 1600 Honor, Battle Power +331/332, CD 2400 seconds|
|71~80||Upgrade cost: 18000 Gold 2000 Honor, Battle Power +331/332, CD 2400 seconds|
|81~90||Upgrade cost: 21000 Gold 2500 Honor, Battle Power +331/332, CD 2400 seconds|
|91~100||Upgrade cost: 24000 Gold 3000 Honor, Battle Power +331/332, CD 2400 seconds|
|101~110||Upgrade cost: 24000 Gold 3500 Honor, Battle Power +331/332, CD 2400 seconds|
First thing first, not all upgrades are created equal. Moderate levels 1-20 trump everything else, once you've unlocked all of your Heroes and are thus free to spend Honor Stars (see there for details, if you haven't already).
Second, although all levels of the same tech offer a comparable Gold/BP ratio, each level offers the same Tower defense rewards, thus if you're upgrading for stats instead of Battle Power you will find that higher levels require ever more gold for (relative to cost) smaller rewards. For this reason, you will need to jump among Moderate, Basic and High on a somewhat counter-intuitively fashion.
Third, each type of upgrade has a few pros and cons. You can use this table to select the most appropriate for your level, funds and objective. The table is sortable, click the headers. As you can see, Moderate Upgrades levels 1-20 are the best use for your gold in exchange of Physical Attack, Magic Skill Damage and Hero HP, and only equal to Basic 1-10 in terms of Armor. You should take these first. The rest is up to you. For example, if you want to prioritize ATK and Skill Damage (as you should probably do, for HP and Armor have a relatively smaller effect in battles) you should buy Moderate Physical Damage and Moderate Skill Damage 1-20, followed by Basic and High (in any order) Physical and Skill Damage lv 1-10, followed by Moderate 21-30, then Basic and High (any order) 11-20, and so on.
(Gold/Soldier HP is not shown because it's always a tenth of Gold/Hero HP)
|Level||Cost||Gold/BP||Gold/Phys||Gold/Armor||Gold/Hero HP||Gold/Skill Dmg|
- Main article: Prison
Unlock at kingdom level 35. Part of the PVP part of the game.
Sometimes, when you click Castle in Prison (you're captured), you can still access to Castle Defense.
There are two basic strategies you can use here (see details at Prison):
- Keep soldiers always at max (and look often to replenish, because you're not prompted anyhow when you're attacked) in order to keep your prisoner for the maximum available time. This usually costs a lot of soldiers, and thus gold and recruiting time.
- Keep soldiers at 0. This way your prisoners will jailbreak or be captured easily (and you will be easily captured too, if you're offline), but you will save a lot on soldiers and will give a sign you are not a good capture (make sure you also keep your gold/resources low before going offline, see Prison for details)